Performance Specialist Manager – google
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Amsterdam, Netherlands; Stockholm, Sweden.
- Experience in performance marketing at an advertiser, agency, or media company
- Experience in people management
- Experience in sales or consulting related to marketing, media, and/or advertising
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Experience leading decentralized specialist teams composed of performance, technical, apps specialists, or equivalent
- Experience working across multiple markets in large organizations
- Experience in advertising from either the advertiser, agency, or other media owner side
- Analytical experience or understanding of the finance function of a company
- Ability to speak and write in Dutch and Swedish fluently
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing businesses grow. Using your relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
In this role, you will be part of the Northern Europe Specialist team.
The specialist organization works with the Business teams to define, promote, and scale best practices by being true specialists in each relevant area. The Performance Specialist team has the objective to drive growth for advertisers in close collaboration with our partners through stellar consulting on Google’s Performance Marketing Solutions. As the manager of this team, you will lead and mentor a high performing team. You will be the representative to EMEA and global product teams to help develop the relevant business areas in Northern Europe (i.e. First-party data activation). You will also partner with executive Sales team leaders in the region to help shape and jointly execute on the Performance Marketing strategy.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Mentor Performance Specialists in their day-to-day work, help remove structural bottlenecks, and manage their performance and compensation.
- Work with every Performance Marketing Specialist to ensure they have a meaningful development plan for their career and capabilities.
- Partner with external customers and agencies on strategic and complex Performance Marketing solutions and technologies.
- Represent Northern Europe in the EMEA Performance councils, connecting with other Performance Specialist Managers around the world.
- Work with executive leaders and managers in other functions that the Performance Specialist team is dependent on.